Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT®) 3-day program
In this program, students will learn the fundamentals of fiber optic networking for applications from the ground up. Beginning with important safety considerations, students will then be exposed to all the elements in a typical fiber optic network including various cable types, connectors, patching hardware, installation methodologies and industry standards. Students will also be trained on the types of equipment used to test and troubleshoot installed fiber optic cable. The program is highlighted by samples from industry leading manufacturers and incorporates a series of hands-on labs for connectors, splicing, inspection and certification testing of fiber networks.
- Who should attend? Anyone looking for a thorough understanding of fiber optic infrastructure systems including installers, electricians, IT managers, systems designers, end users, facility managers, ITS professionals, telecom/datacom service technicians and more.
- Student Prerequisites: None (although a background in communications, computer networking or cabling systems is strongly recommended but is not required)
- Student Certification: Obtained by taking the written CFOT exam on the third day of the program (included in the course price). Students must receive an exam score of 70% or higher to achieve FOA CFOT certification.
- Classroom Ratio: 60% lecture, 40% hands-on labs.
- Accreditations: FOA CFOT Certification and 1-year membership into the FOA as well as 18 BICSI continuing education credits for all BICSI members that attend
Training is held at our facility at 41 Locke Rd, Concord NH 03301.
The cost of the program is $800/person. Payment is due in person on the first day of the program. Included in the program is a training manual, all materials and tools needed for the course, a daily continental style breakfast, and a full daily lunch.
Call Sales at 603-226-2400 to Register Today!